Thursday, June 10, 2010

Friends, Lovers, Stylists, Bloggers

Well, I couldn't be more pissed! So I have this love/hate relationship with me ex/current/ex. But he is such a dick.

When we first broke up, last summer (right before my birthday, which I don't think is a coincidence at all), it was childish and shocking. I merely mentioned to him that I found it insensitive and demeaning when, in the movie theater, he hissed at me that "You're not helping the situation!" when I whispered that I wish the other theater-goers would stop talking. It was a hiss. Big ol' nelly hiss.

So of course his response to me when I said I felt a little put off by his reaction to my whisper was to put his hand in my face and stomp off to his train platform. When I sit and wait with him, telling him he might feel better if we talk about it, he puts his headphones on and didn't speak to me again. For two months.

But I'm the forgiving type - what can I say? And I think too the fact that he had the final say rubbed my craw for that span of time. So I contacted him via text. Asked him if was doing well, and to tell him I was just thinking about him.

"Who is this?" was the text I got back.

SO, one would think to say 'fuck this', right? But yet I still pursue. All right, I admit it, the sex was amazing. A-MAZE-ING. (I'm reluctant to write that, not because of any protestant editorialism, only that I hate to advertise for him. But it's also an ad for me isn't it?) Male anatomy (read: penis) is like a dog's nose: it can lead you where you know you shouldn't be going, and you know you're a bad dog for turning the garbage can over, but the immediate gratification is worth the potential outcome. And who knows? Maybe the the upside-down garbage can will never be discovered. Worth a shot, right?

And don't get me wrong - I can get along with Ex. We always have a good time when we're out. We understand each other. And while our interests are fairly dichotomous, we can talk for hours, look into each other's eyes, and know that we're each thinking, "ehh. Good enough. I'm not gonna kill him, so...."

Well, it's all past. We have made a not-entirely-unhealthy break-up. It's been about two months or so. And we still talk, and hang out occasionally. And he still does my hair (tonight). Free. Not too bad: friends with the ex, right?

He's blocked me from his Twitter account. He's taken me off as a Facebook friend, and put up some wall that I can't even see that he is still on Facebook (a mutual friend is still friends with him. That's the only way I know he still has a Facebook account). AND he has a blog site on this same portal! Which he was doing whilst we were together and he never told me! Granted, it's one of this 'paste and copy' blogs, where he reads something and relays it on his blog - totally unoriginal-, and he hasn't added to it since October, but all the same, right? Wouldn't you say to your partner, 'Hey, I started a blog. You should check it out?'

Just for that, I'm not telling him that I just wrote about him when I see him. Tonight. To get my hair cut. Free.

3 comments:

S said...

I squirm.
Let's make a pact: I won't talk about MY A-MAZE-ING sex life if you won't.
YIKES.
Other than that, I find your bitchiness rather enthralling. Makes for some good entertainment. Next time, go with the protestant editorialism and leave the advertisement off! LOL

Unknown said...

Move on Bob! You are an amazing, intelligent, handsome man! I hate to be cliche but there are other "dogs' in the pack!

Anne MW said...

We have made a "not-entirely-unhealthy break-up". So partly unhealthy? Maybe you need to completely break up. Sorry about the free hair, but sacrifices have to be made! Or, tonight, just ask why you're blocked on FB and Twitter. (But wait till the end of the cut.)

About Me

My photo
New York, NY, United States
on a quest to expand my horizons

Followers